The position is primarily responsible for creating, building, and implementing an integrated digital communications strategy.
Digital Communications Coordinator's primarily responsible for implementing an integrated digital communications strategy that strengthens the organization’s brand, and raise the visibility of the organization’s work as well as of AANHPIs.
In this role, the digital communications coordinator will work with Marketing and IT Manager to increase Advancing Justice-Atlanta’s digital reach and digital activities to increase visibility on all aspects of Advancing Justice-Atlanta’s work and create digital campaigns to activate supports to take action on issues and areas of work that impacts AANHPIs and other impacted communities. Also, the digital communications coordinator will find innovative ways to increase the social media presence of the organization, including educating our staff and our partners of social media’s value in conducting advocacy work.
• Assist the Marketing Manager with the development of content for all digital platforms, including the Advancing Justice-Atlanta website, Newsletters, social media, and other online campaigns;
• Create regular, quality content across social media platforms, including social media posts and graphics;
• Assist in drafting content for emails and e-newsletters;
• Maintain multiple social media platforms and websites;
• Lead the capturing of photos and videos to share on online platforms;
• Support the development of multimedia projects such as PSAs, videos, and infographics;
• Ensure brand consistency for products across the organization;
• Develop innovative digital approaches to boost visibility for online campaigns, assist in creating smart social media engagements, manage our channels and shape our web presence;
• Support press strategies and media pitching through the creative use of digital platforms;
• Work with Marketing Manager in creating and implementing digital campaign strategies to promote all areas of work for Advancing Justice-Atlanta.
• Assist the Marketing Manager in organizational maintenance and outreach;
• Keep current with the latest trends and technology and make recommendations to keep the organization's website and digital presence competitive. Participate in other activities as requested;
• Excellent writer and communication skills
• Experience in social media marketing, metrics, and analytics
• Graphic design capabilities preferred
• Critical thinking, complex problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to work well with others
• Ability to work well under pressure and with flexibility on some evenings and weekends
• Ability to set/change priorities according to deadline requirements
• Fluency in an Asian language preferred
• You have a passion for social justice, and you’d be excited to take the social media trends of the day and translate them into relevant content and executable tactics that advance our narratives, showcase our issues and make a difference in our campaigns.
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and is based on principles of internal equity. A full benefits package is included. This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position.
We will be screening applications and interviewing on a rolling basis. Send a resume, cover letter, 3 references, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include job title in the subject line. No phone calls or inquiry emails, please. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Atlanta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, HIV status, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.