Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Atlanta is looking for a dynamic, talented nonprofit leader to join the organization as the full-time Deputy Director.
The Deputy Director will work closely with the Executive Director (and, as necessary, the Board of Directors) to implement the organization’s strategic plan and execute job responsibilities. The Deputy Director will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the organization’s infrastructure, including operations, development, human resources, communications, and administration. Travel within Georgia and nationally is expected.
• Lead organizational development efforts within the organization and with affiliates; develop and implement overall program strategy.
• Support Executive Director in personnel and other matters; work with staff on matters of funding, program operation, communications, and governance.
• Ensure that infrastructure, activities, and personnel practices are effective and consistent with organizational priorities.
• Supervise select program staff. Ensure ongoing professional and leadership development.
• In conjunction with the Executive Director, manage the organization’s budget, fundraising priorities, and coordinate the smooth integration of infrastructure with program functions.
• Manage and grow current foundation support, identifying new funding opportunities and coordinating major fundraising events.
• Cultivate and manage key relationships and constituencies that are essential to the organization’s work. Present a strong, positive image of Advancing Justice - Atlanta to stakeholders and the general public.
• Work in coalition with the Advancing Justice affiliates and be a key contributor to the national affiliation’s goals and objectives.
• At least 5-7 years of experience in the nonprofit community
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Adaptability and humor
• Deep appreciation for diversity
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
• Ability to work with and supervise others
• Ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
• Accountability for time and work product
• The maturity and interpersonal skills needed to develop strong relationships with the Executive Director and staff
• Ability to enjoy working in a very small, grassroots environment with limited infrastructure is a must.
• Ability to work and thrive in a small collaborative teamwork environment is required.
• Candidates holding an MA or JD degree are preferred.
Salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and is based on principles of internal equity. A full benefits package is included.
Send a resume, cover letter, and 2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Atlanta is seeking an Office Coordinator to help with payroll, accounting, and office management duties in our office.
Supports organizational operations by maintaining office systems and assisting staff. Manages travel arrangements, administrative tasks including HR operations, book-keeping, resolving billing disputes, and invoicing.
• Manages internal office bookkeeping and organizational payments to vendors and clients
• Upholds internal controls policies, working directly with the admin staff on handling invoices, check deposits, and book-keeping/accounting
• Handles billing disputes and assists with any office maintenance issues
• Coordinate travel for conferences and meetings
• Greet clients in a professional manner
• Ensures that the office is kept neatly organized and tidy. Keeps staff and interns accountable for keeping the office clean and orderly
• Purchases supplies and equipment as authorized by management
• Maintains the petty cash fund
• Assembles information for external auditors for the annual audit
• Processes payroll in a timely manner
• Provides clerical and administrative support to Executive Director and directors as requested
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Proficiency in QuickBooks is preferred but not required
• Proactive, self-motivated, strong work ethic, and integrity
• Ability to multi-task and problem solving
• Extreme attention to detail
• Quick learner
Job Hours: 40 hours/week
Job Starts: Dec 11th, 2017
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and at least two references to to Tammy Lu @ email@example.com.
Please also list at least two references that can speak to your skills and experience. Use “Office Coordinator” as your email subject. Completed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Atlanta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, HIV status, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.